Friday, November 13, 2015

Ted Cruz, Ben Carson Call For U.S. To Reconsider Taking Syrian Refugees After Paris Attacks

Following the deadly attacks in Paris Friday night, two prominent Republicans have called for the United States to table plans to accept thousands of Syrian refugees, citing terror concerns.

Sen. Ted Cruz wrote in a statement on Friday that the U.S. needs to "immediately declare a halt to any plans to bring refugees that may have been by ISIS to the United States." Cruz has raised security concerns before about the prospect of accepting more refugees at this point from Syria.

Presidential candidate Ben Carson said in Orlando, Florida, that Congress should act to block the Obama administration's plan to accept more refugees.

"If we're going to be bringing 200,000 people over here from that region — if I were one of the leaders of the global jihadist movement and I didn't infiltrate that group of people with my people, that would be almost malpractice," Carson said, according to the Washington Post.

The Obama administration has said it plans to accept at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in 2016. As of last month, fewer than 2,000 refugees had been accepted from Syria, in part because vetting process for refugees is significantly more involved than the process in some European countries.


Click Here To Meet Women Onkine Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment